Flour silo cleaning can present additional challenges to other forms of silo cleaning due to the nature of the flour itself. Other considerations include the many Food Safety Regulations that apply to such a basic commodity as flour.
Five Star Cleaning has all the knowledge, equipment and experience necessary to provide expert flour silo cleaning services, fully compliant with all relevant legislation and with client satisfaction guaranteed.
We clean indoor bins for part-processed flour, and outdoor silos for raw material. We tackle all with our trademark expertise and diligence at all times.
Benefits of choosing Five Star Cleaning for flour silo cleaning include:
- We are fully compliant with all Health & Safety Legislation.
- We schedule all cleaning to minimise the downtime of the silo(s) or bin(s) involved.
- Our team members conduct a thorough inspection as they clean. They provide a detailed engineering report afterwards on the condition of the silo or bin.
- We can carry out any maintenance or repair work identified in that report.
- We provide a detailed cleaning and hygiene certificate upon completion of each clean.
Our flour silo cleaning team
All our team members are highly trained and certified in all aspects of flour silo cleaning. This includes food hygiene and handling awareness, which is particularly important with regard to flour. Our team also has the skillset necessary for associated services such as confined space cleaning and out of reach cleaning.
Our team uses a variety of specialist tools and equipment to tackle all tasks. These include access and escape sets, breathing apparatus, monitoring equipment, and rescue kits.
We invest heavily in our team, our equipment, and in ongoing training, to ensure we can always provide the best and safest service possible. This is how we can bring our client satisfaction guarantee to you.
Our flour silo cleaning process
Our flour silo cleaning process typically runs as follows:
- We disconnect overhead airslides so no further product can enter the silo while we clean.
- We establish a Lock-Out and Tag-Out system, so nobody other than our operatives has access to the silo.
- Any remaining loose flour is removed prior to cleaning. This includes dealing with any bridging problems.
- We dry clean the silo or bin from top to bottom.
- We use equipment ranging from brushes to power tools to remove any remaining dust and other residue.
- The silo or bin is then thoroughly fumigated or sanitised at the end of the process.
We provide details of all we have done in a thorough written report afterwards.
Contact us for flour silo cleaning
For all your flour silo cleaning needs, simply contact us to arrange a no-obligation consultation and quotation. We can provide a once-off clean, or arrange a contract for regular cleaning and maintenance. We look forward to hearing from you!