Whatever food products you are storing, if your storage container becomes infected with insects, it can slash or even destroy the value of the contents.
For most bulk food produce, fumigation with aluminium phosphine gas is widely accepted as the best pest treatment. The gas eliminates all life cycle stages of the target pest, with two added benefits: it is non-tainting, and leaves no pesticide residues. The process is highly effective in targeting beetles, mites, moths, weevils and other pests. It can be used on cereals, grains and other raw material feeds, as well as on bulk commodities like cocoa, coffee beans, dried fruit, nuts and rice.
Five Star Cleaning has a long and successful track record of using fumigation to help customers in the following stored product sectors:
- On-site farm storage, including grain stores, bins, silos and bulk bays
- Agricultural and food processing factories and storage depots
- Ships, cargos and shipping containers, covering all ports in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- De-Fumigation of Ships
The fumigant needs to be allowed sufficient time to work effectively. This time “under gas” is referred to as the exposure period. When aluminium phosphine gas is used at ambient temperatures, best results are typically achieved with an exposure period of 14 days. At Five Star Cleaning, our specially trained staff use the latest equipment, and we fully comply with the relevant health and safety standards. All our work is legally insured and authorised, with Gas Clearance Certificates issued.
Alongside our market-leading fumigation services, we also offer:
- Pre-harvest spray treatment of stores, silos and bins
- Grain inspection and insect monitoring
- Insecticidal spray treatment of grain on loading conveyors and elevators
- Use of smoke bombs to smoke out elevators, conveyors, pits and confined-spaces.
Contact us for fumigation
You can trust Five Star Cleaning to deliver a professional, cost-effective service to solve all your pest control and pest elimination issues. We deliver the highest quality solutions to ensure you maximise the value of your stored products. Contact us now to see how we can help you!